According to the online dictionary Merrian-Webster.com, the word spiritual means “of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit.”
For you, spirituality may or may not be synonymous with religion, depending on your personal opinions and preferences. You can certainly include religious priorities if you so desire, or you can simply focus on the priorities that feed your soul and renew your spirit.
• Here are just a few examples of spiritual priorities:
• You want to take more time off, (Supports and restores your healthy spirit.)
• You want to try yoga. (Supports your need to stay centered and calm.)
• You want to pray or meditate daily. (Supports your connection with a Higher Power in order to receive clarity, direction, or wisdom; and to stay grounded.)
• You want to work with a life coach. (Supports your search to find and understand your true self.)
• You want to spend more time outdoors. (Supports your relationship with nature.)
Ultimately, whenever you make choices about how to live your life, your spiritual priorities should be right there with you.
Remember, in every moment of your life, you live in choice! So you want to ensure you make decisions that will allow you to live your best life. But don’t worry – your spiritual priorities and core values will act not only as a filter to keep out the bad (clutter) but also as a compass to lead you in the best direction: toward serenity, as defined by you.
To help you identify your spiritual priorities, please answer the questions below with an open heart and mind.
Answer the following questions.
1) Set a timer for five minutes and allow your thoughts to flow freely. During the allotted time, list any spiritual priorities that spring to mind.
2) Review the list of spiritual priorities you brainstormed for the questions above. Pick your top five and write them below.
3) Review the list of five spiritual priorities you brainstormed for the question above. Pick the one that is most important to you and write it below.
Then write it somewhere you can see it daily– manifest it into being! Energy goes where attention flows- so throw up your hands and bring it to the heart center … give it the attention it needs to become the framework around which all other choices will be made!
Here’s to you ~